2 min. read
In this episode of The Myers-Briggs Company Podcast, we interview Dr. Gail Fann Thomas. Along with Drs. Ken Thomas and Ralph Kilmann, Gail is working on the soon-to-be released TKI Conflict Mode Team Report.
She is a consultant, coach, and educator focused on communication, conflict management, and collaboration. Gail’s worked with employees at all levels – and both in the private and public sectors and she’ll suggest some strategies that you might use to improve conflict management in your own organization. Additionally, over the past 35 years, Gail taught graduate education in a university setting where she co-authored more than 60 academic articles and reports.
In this episode, Gail discusses what conflict is, and what types of clients she works with in her conflict management consulting business. We also discuss how COVID and the move to remote and hybrid work has affected conflict management, and what challenges those new working environments present.
Other questions answered in this episode:
- What trends have you noticed over the years regarding conflict manage-ment?
- What tools do you use to teach people better conflict management skills?
- What practical tips do you have for managers in conflict?
- What practical tips do you have for teams in conflict?
Listen to the full episode at themyersbriggs.com/podcasts. Or listen to The Myers-Briggs Company Podcast on Apple, Spotify, and more.
Want to learn more about conflict management? Check out these resources:
- Download 'Squaring up to conflict: Transforming your experience of conflict from damaging and wasteful to valuable and productive’
- Watch ‘The Cost of Conflict’
- Learn more about the TKI conflict management tool