- FIRO Certification
The FIRO instrument reveals how you tend to behave towards others, and how you want others to behave towards you. The FIRO tool identifies three core needs that drive interpersonal behaviour and is a great fit for developing leaders and building high performing teams. Its accessible insights can be applied to improving communication, building trust, enhancing leadership style and diffusing conflict.
The FIRO Virtual Certification programme will equip you with the skills to administer FIRO assessments and interpret the results to help people understand the impact of their behaviours on others. FIRO certification provides access to both the FIRO-B and FIRO Business instruments – the latter using business-oriented terminology, and working well in multi-national clients.
This virtual qualification programme is complemented by an additional one-day course, Using the FIRO Instrument with Teams – available as a classroom or virtual programme. This extra workshop will introduce you to processes and exercises to run impactful and engaging team events.
2 days live virtual training, including group and individual activities in the virtual classroom.
Before the course, you will complete an online FIRO assessment and interactive pre-work to introduce the FIRO framework (~3 hours of pre-work). During the two-day workshop you’ll engage in varied interactive classroom sessions interwoven with further online self-study modules, reading and reflection activities.
(equivalent to 19 CPD hours)
It doesn’t take long to grasp the framework, and once you’re there the uses and implications are far-reaching.
Grant Morffew, Managing Director, Omada Consulting.
- How to use the FIRO instrument to drive positive behavioural change and unlock potential in workplace interactions
- Skills to highlight strengths and blind spots in an individual's approach to building relationships and leadership
- Hints and tips for both virtual and face-to-face delivery of FIRO feedback sessions
- How to use key resources to optimize your work with the FIRO assessment.
Delivered virtually, this programme embraces the value of experiential learning to build your confidence and focuses on the practical application of the FIRO assessment. Supported by a highly interactive training platform – including features such as break out rooms, interactive whiteboards, voting and chat functions – you’ll never feel ’stuck at your screen’. As with our in-person programmes, this virtual workshop is designed to accommodate different learning styles and involve reflection, different types of interaction and self-study, with regular breaks to help manage your concentration.
The course is delivered by experienced FIRO practitioners who are both expert trainers and coaches to participants. During the course you will practice your feedback skills and receive feedback to build your toolkit and your confidence.
- Expand your coaching toolkit with an instrument that can pinpoint fundamental relationship needs
Learn how to build trust, and promote positive relationships in teams
- Present leaders with a clear view of their leadership strengths and development areas
- Experience virtual delivery and develop your skills in delivering FIRO feedback virtually
- Support your learning and delivery with unlimited access to the online FIRO Knowledge Bank, including:
- Participant workbooks and scoring sheets
- Videos on feedback best practice and how to apply FIRO insights to development and selection contexts
- Group feedback slides and facilitator notes
- Receive complimentary materials, such as FIRO Feedback Cards, Introduction to the FIRO-B Instrument in Organisations and Introduction to the FIRO Business Instrument.
- Organisational development specialists
- HR managers
- HR consultants
- Team leaders
- Training consultants
Join a public programme – see scheduled dates in the calendar below and book online.
Hold or join an in-house training programme - can’t find a date in our public schedule that works for you - or want to train several people within your organisation at the same time? Find out more about in-house training.
Filter by date:
Select courses starting between
Filter by location:
Select courses starting between