- MBTI & more tools
- MBTI Step I
MBTI Step I is a powerful, versatile personality type assessment that provides the foundations for a deep understanding of personal motivations and group interactions. It can be applied to multiple personal and business issues, and revisited over time as new challenges arise. By providing multiple quality-assured insights with a single questionnaire, the MBTI assessment's scalability and relevance to all organisational levels delivers a high return on investment.
MBTI Step I looks at personality type based on four fundamental dimensions of individual difference, to create 16 personality type profiles:
- Extraversion (E) – Introversion (I)
Where you prefer to get or focus your energy
- Sensing (S) – iNtuition (N)
The kind of information you prefer to gather and trust
- Thinking (T) – Feeling (F)
The process you prefer to use in coming to decisions
- Judging (J) – Perceiving (P)
How you prefer to deal with the world around you
The Myers-Briggs assessment is far more than just a personality questionnaire. The theoretical framework of the MBTI assessment provides a common language for understanding and describing the interpersonal differences that define us as individuals.
- The MBTI conceptual framework offers an easy-to-understand but sophisticated way of understanding personality differences
- The range of associated MBTI reports available is much more extensive than other tools on the market, and there is a vast ecosystem of resources and experts worldwide
- It has a proven effectiveness and track-record, with over two million assessments administered annually
- People consistently find it memorable and inspiring, meaning that practitioners benefit from a base level of buy-in that keeps people coming back for more
- It gives a wholly positive view, getting people on board so that they make genuine and lasting changes to their behaviour
- Uses the Myers-Briggs framework to define 16 personality types
- Road tested over the last 70 years, outstanding credentials
- Highlights individual strengths and how to capitalise on them
- Powerful application and problem-solving over a broad range of issues
- Comprehensive interpretive reports to support application
- Easy administration via the OPPassessment platform
- Questionnaires and reports available in multiple languages
In order to maintain rigorous standards of quality in the field of personality assessment, access to the MBTI questionnaire and associated products is restricted to qualified MBTI practitioners. This means that in order to use and buy the MBTI Step I tool, you must attend our MBTI Foundation Programme. However, there may be a quicker route to gaining access, depending on what qualifications you already hold.
Visit our MBTI training page to find out more.