- MBTI training
- MBTI Step II Certification
MBTI® Step II™ Certification
Go beyond four-letter type
MBTI Step II reveals the nuances of each of the 16 MBTI personality types. This programme is the next step for anyone who is already MBTI Step I™ certified.
People are unique, and that’s why those with the same four-letter MBTI personality type can be very different. Behind any given MBTI type is an individual with their own composition of preferences.
The MBTI Step II assessment looks at the ‘facets’ behind every preference pair, to reveal how an individual’s personality type is really composed. The two-day MBTI Step II Virtual Certification programme shows how you can apply deeper insight to tackle key challenges in organisations, such as communication and decision-making. Post-course, the MBTI Step II Knowledge Bank will provide continued practical support to help you to make the most of your training (see below for contents).
Both the online programme and in person course is Continuing Coach Education (CCE) accredited by the International Coaching Federation (ICF). Anyone who completes the course will receive:
- 9 ICF Resource Development hours
- 3 ICF Core Competency hours
2 days live virtual training, including group and individual activities in the virtual classroom.
Before the course, you will complete an online MBTI Step II assessment and online learning modules (~3 hours of pre-work). During the two-day workshop you’ll engage in varied interactive classroom sessions interwoven with further online self-study modules, reading and reflection activities.
(Equivalent to 18 CPD hours)
Step II offers a real learning and development journey for teams.
Alison Cripps, Development Facilitator, John Lewis.
- How MBTI Step II builds on Step I and was constructed from ideas by Isabel Myers
- Techniques for applying MBTI Step II in one-to-one and group settings
- How to apply type insights to communication, decision-making, change and conflict management
- Why the same MBTI personality types differ in their expression of type
- How MBTI Step II can shed light on issues that are unresolved with Step I
- How to give feedback and deliver your own Step II team events
- Hints and tips for virtual and face-to-face delivery when using Step II with individuals, teams and groups.
People who had doubts about their MBTI type found Step II particularly enlightening. The extra facets gave them more insight into what they recognised in themselves earlier.
Kirsten Hexspoor, Owner, Hexspoor Training & Coaching.
Whether delivered virtually or face to face, this programme embraces the value of experiential learning throughout. Supported by a highly interactive training platform – including features such as break out rooms, interactive whiteboards, voting and chat functions – you’ll never feel ’stuck at your screen’. As with our in-person programmes, this virtual workshop is designed to accommodate different learning styles and involve reflection, different types of interaction and self-study, with regular breaks to help manage your concentration.
The course is delivered by experienced MBTI practitioners who are both expert trainers and coaches to participants. During the course, you will practice your feedback skills and receive feedback to build your toolkit and your confidence.
- Help more people and organisations by providing a richer understanding of personality type
- Enhance your coaching, leadership, change management, conflict resolution and decision-making events with the detailed insights of the MBTI Step II Interpretive Report
- Develop your skills and learn to deliver Step II feedback virtually or in person
- Support your learning and delivery with assets in the online Knowledge Bank, including:
- Feedback preparation sheets
- Videos explaining how to handle feedback challenges
- Facet exercises to explore Step II insights with groups and teams
- Discussion sheets for each preference pair
- Fun and impactful ways to present and share Step II profiles (Personal Typies and Team Typies)
- Receive complimentary materials, such as MBTI® Step II™ Feedback Cards.
- MBTI Step I-qualified practitioners
MBTI Step II is especially useful for practitioners working with:
- team development
- leadership development
- conflict management
- managing change
- Join a public programme – see scheduled dates in the calendar below and book online.
- Hold or join an in-house training programme – can’t find a date in our public schedule that works for you, or want to train several people within your organisation at the same time? See options for in-house training.
Filter by date:
Select courses starting between
Filter by location:
Select courses starting between