- MBTI & more tools
- ABLE Series
- Critical Business Planning
ABLE® Critical Business Planning
Target groups: fast-track graduates, management trainees, business consultants, middle managers, administrators.
The ABLE (Aptitude for Business Learning) Series of exercises combines the richness of a work simulation with the objectivity of a psychometric instrument. Ground-breaking contextualised exercises teach and then test, giving a dynamic measurement of the candidate's ability to learn.
Critical Business Planning has been designed as an alternative version of the ABLE Series’ Business Decision Analysis, catering for candidates whose interests lie in the area of business administration rather than product development, production and marketing.
The information file’s data is presented in either a written, graphical or tabular form in the different tasks. There are 12 questions in the question and answer booklet and 12 separate information sheets within the information file. Candidates are assessed on their skill in reading and understanding concepts embedded within the information file and correctly applying the concepts to questions from a variety of different settings.
The test assesses learning and does not assume prior knowledge of the current business scenario: candidates with knowledge of this sector will not have an unfair advantage. A preparation leaflet is available, briefing candidates on what to expect.
- Ability to discover concepts and acquire skills without being taught
- Ability to discern apparent patterns masked by complexity
- Ability to analyse and reason with data in graphs, tables and charts
- Aptitude for finding structure in data
In occupational testing we interpret individuals’ scores by comparing them against samples of applicants, incumbents, etc. The following samples or norm tables are available:
- Undergraduates and graduates registered in recruitment agencies
- Graduate applicants tested for technical roles with a UK Government agency
- Internal applicants for senior management positions within a large public service organisation
- Information system trainee candidates and internal staff
- Internal applicants for promotion to the rank of Chief Inspector within a UK police force
- Internal applicants for senior management positions in a public service organisation
For the practitioner:
- ABLE Series manual and users guide
- Critical Business Planning Manual and User's guide
- Critical Business Planning Score Key
For the candidate:
- Critical Business Planning Information File - a 10 pack of reusable reference material (1 per candidate)
- Critical Business Planning Candidate Bundle including (pack of 10)
- 10 Critical Business Planning Question & Answer Booklets (1 per candidate)
- 10 Critical Business Planning Preview Leaflets (1 per candidate)
- Critical Business Planning Administration Instructions (1 per bundle - for practitioner)