Career Transitions and Job Fit
Melissa Summer, The Myers-Briggs Company
1 minute read
What’s the best way to approach career transitions? How are these transitions different during early, mid and end career stages?
In this episode of The Myers-Briggs Company Podcast, we’re joined by Catherine Rains, professional artist, prior career counselor and coach, and Associate Consultant for The Myers-Briggs Company.
In this episode, Catherine dives into all things career transition and about how your own personal growth affects job fit.
“I think we’re always going in and out of career fit because we keep growing,” shares Catherine during the discussion. “And as we grow, we try other things, and maybe think ‘Oh, this doesn’t quite fit anymore.’ Then we adjust. But that shifting in our career is always something that gets us closer to who we are.”
As a professional artist, Catherine works primarily in intuitive collage as a medium. If you’re interested in learning more or trying your hand at collage, check out the Collage Kickstart, a free 5-day collage online workshop: https://www.collageworkshops.com/start
Listen to this episode to learn:
- How do you find a career suited to your interests?
- How do you know when it’s time to make a career transition?
- Can you build a professional network in an industry you’ve never worked in?
- How do you minimize risk when switching careers?
- How do career transitions differ when you first start out, midlife, and closer to retirement?
Listen to the full episode at themyersbriggs.com/podcasts. Or listen to The Myers-Briggs Company Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.