- Strong Interest Inventory Certification Programme
Strong Interest Inventory® certification
Train to help people identify career interests
This distance-learning training course qualifies you to administer and interpret the world's most widely-used career development tool, conveniently and at your own pace.
The Strong Interest Inventory® provides robust insights into a person’s career interests, helping them to discover potential career paths they may not have considered, and giving them a wealth of information about how they approach the world of work. This certification course is a ten-module distance learning programme run by one of our US partners, GS Consultants. The programme will enable you to provide your clients with all that there is to discover in their Strong Interest Inventory results. To start, how the range of general and specific information it extracts about their professional interests can empower them in identifying a rich and fulfilling career – and beyond, by providing inspiring ideas for those professional changes that typify a portfolio career.
On successful completion of the course you will receive full certification from The Myers-Briggs Company to confirm your qualification as a Strong Interest Inventory practitioner.
Please note, the completion of the Strong Interest Inventory Certification Programme is time-bound. Refer to the programme's terms and conditions before booking your place.
This is a self-paced online training programme
€1,350.00 ex VAT
How the Strong Interest Inventory can help you to
- empower your clients to identify rich and fulfilling career paths
- give different perspectives on careers, from general areas of interest to specific occupations
- provide robust and reliable data about a person’s interests and work preferences
- help reduce risk when recruiting, developing talent or making major development investments
- help organisations retain employees by learning how to recognise their development needs
This online training programme contains ten modules
- Career development counselling and assessment
- Holland’s RIASEC theory of personality types and work environments
- Components of the Strong Profile
- Profile interpretability
- Descriptive statistics and sampling
- The General Occupational Themes and the Basic Interest Scales
- The Occupational Scales
- Technical integrity of the scales – reliability and validity
- The Personal Style Scales
- Interpretation challenges, ethics, and cross-cultural implications
The programme includes brief interactive assignments, a quiz at the end of each module, and culminates in an interpretation activity.
Course modules are accessible via any web browser, Adobe Flash will be used to display content and required quizzes. Throughout the training you will be clicking on links to access reading material, watching video presentations, reading assignments from the materials we will send you, submitting assignments via email to your instructor, and emailing with GS staff and your assigned instructor.
- No prerequisites to programme enrolment
- Focused one-to-one online support from a dedicated instructor throughout the programme
- Take the course at your convenience, without the need for travel or overnight stays
- Receive all you need to begin your competent and effective use of the instrument: the Strong Interest Inventory Manual with Supplement, the Strong Interest Inventory User’s Guide, and the Where Do I Go Next? booklet – materials worth over €170!
- Career counsellors
- Training consultants
- HR managers
- HR consultants