Brexit – End of the Transition Period – Data Protection and GDPR
As you’ll be aware, the UK left the EU on 31st January 2020 and the transition (implementation) period which was in place to enable trade negotiations, ended on 31st December 2020.
Since there has not yet been an adequacy decision given by the European Commission in respect of the UK in relation to the UK data protection regime, the UK is currently deemed a “third country” in relation to data protection.
To enable our business to continue to operate as before, and to be in continuing compliance with both the UK national data protection legislation (including the Data Protection Act 2018 and any additional or enacting legislation, together with ICO guidance) and GDPR requirements, we amended our Terms of Business and Privacy related documents on 31st December 2020. These changes include:
- amendments to our Terms of Business to include standard contractual clauses to cover transfers of European data into the UK;
- amendments to our Data Processing Terms and schedule (which form part of our Terms of Business) to alter references to the UK and European data protection regimes;
- amendment to our International Transfers disclosures in our Privacy related documents to refer to data transfers from our European offices and customers to our UK office; and
- model contracts between our UK and EU offices.
These changes were implemented on 31st December 2020 and will remain in place until such time as the European Commission gives an adequacy decision in respect of the UK’s data protection regime, at which point the UK will no longer be deemed a “third country” for data protection purposes
- our current Data Protection Statement here https://eu.themyersbriggs.com/en/About/Legal-notices/Data-Protection-Statement, in relation to our stance on data protection generally
If you have any questions regarding data protection in the event of Brexit or otherwise, please do contact us on email@example.com.
The Myers-Briggs Company Limited
15-17 Elsfield Way
Oxford OX2 8EP
T: + 44 1865 404500