How this role fits into the business
The Developer will consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify complex technology project objectives. This role will be part of a core team of individuals responsible for providing solutions that will support the company's business initiatives.
- Writes and documents codes. Implements, supports and maintains applications
- Assists in training of technical support staff. Participates in development of user training plans
- Responsible for AX Help Desk support to ends users and coordination of related work across IT group
- Participates in AX implementation in new regions. Some travel is required
- Prepares specifications, flow charts, and process diagrams, writes code, works to “debug,” or eliminate errors, from the system
- Diagnose problems, recommends solutions, and determines whether program requirements have been met
- Reviews and provides input for user documentation. Creates and tests prototypes
- Integrates subsystems
- Participates in peer code review
- Performs unit testing and reworks codes. Revises and adapts existing code
- Provides customer care throughout project life cycle
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
Hours of work will be 37.5 per week, normally worked within the period 08:00 to 18:00 - some adjustment to hours may be possible to accommodate those requiring flexibility.
This job profile is current as at the date shown below. In consultation with the post-holder it is liable to variation by management to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job. To view the full job description please click here.