How this role fits into the business
This role sits within the European Professional Services, Consultancy function. This team contributes to the overall success of the business through several streams of work. The first is direct consultancy with senior clients to meet their needs, generate revenue and build the reputation of our brand. Consultancy also works with many of our clients (although not all) using a range of The Myers-Briggs Company’s assessments, this provides depth of insight for clients, value for their investment and also generates impactful case studies and submissions for industry awards. Our work is also used to capture client insights and keep the wider business connected to these business challenges and provide evaluation of an impact of our assessments and consultancy work.
1. Business Development
- To play an active role, in conjunction with the Sales team, in following up Consultancy leads and winning work. Providing sound technical expertise and demonstrating interpersonal skill and professionalism in interactions with senior level client contacts (equivalent of HR Director level). Articulating with credibility the value added by working with The Myers-Briggs Company.
- To take the lead in preparing proposals as required. Working closely with the Head of Operations and UK Sales Team to ensure pieces of work are accurately scoped and costed in a way that allows The Myers-Briggs Company to achieve the appropriate quality and to maximise recoverability.
- To follow internal business development processes effectively and encourage others to do the same.
- Contribute to The Myers-Briggs Company’s marketing, such as planning and attending breakfast seminars, contributing to articles / case studies, representing The Myers-Briggs Company at conferences, etc
2. Consultancy Delivery
- To design and deliver consultancy projects to high quality standards (without close supervision). Projects may include:
- Designing assessment and development centres (taking the lead with minimal support)
- Designing bespoke exercises (either making a significant contribution or taking the lead)
- Assessing on a range of assessment centres, including acting as lead assessor at middle management level
- Assessing and providing in-depth feedback at development centres
- Conducting follow-up action planning/ Personal Development Planning sessions
- Writing in-depth feedback reports from assessment or development centres e.g. integrating psychometrics, observations, 360 feedback
- Selecting and working proactively with Associates, providing guidance and feedback
- Designing and delivering team and group events at middle management level, facilitating groups to address issues such as communication, change, conflict or leadership
- Working at all levels including senior management level in all aspects of talent management and development work
- Contributing to the design and delivery of leadership development programmes
- To observe, support and train on our internal assessments (MBTI, Firo etc) on public or ‘inhouse’ courses as required
- To act as an effective project team member, managing own time such that work is delivered to the required quality standard, on time and such that recoverability can be maximised, communicating actively with the project manager and other team members. Co-operating and supporting team members as appropriate.
3. Project Management
- Manage projects effectively and without the need for supervision. Ensure that projects are delivered profitably and to an appropriate level of quality and that the client relationship is handled effectively in conjunction with the Sales team.
- Working closely with the Head of Operations and Consultancy Coordination team, obtain suitable permanent and Associate resource to deliver high quality service to the client.
- Follow The Myers-Briggs Company’s/ clients’ project management processes including regular and timely monthly reporting, regular and accurate invoicing, informative post implementation review, incorporating client feedback and provision of feedback to Associates.
4. Knowledge Development
- Contribute to the development of new offerings and research, in line with The Myers-Briggs Company’s priorities.
- Speak to clients knowledgeably about The Myers-Briggs Company products and services.
- Carry out other such duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the grade of this post.
This job profile is current as at the date shown below. In consultation with the post-holder it is liable to variation by management to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job. To view the full job description please click here.