How this role fits into the businessThe IT Infrastructure Systems Engineer will work in a small infrastructure team that provides design, implementation and support of the company’s internal business and customer facing software and hardware infrastructure.
Network and Systems Management
- Involvement in infrastructure projects for both business and customer systems in all aspects of requirements gathering, design and implementation
- Maintain, support and assist with development of all company network, servers and infrastructure hardware and software
- Creation of accurate design and support documentation including network diagrams, change requests and support notes
- Provide an escalation point for hardware and software support end users at the user level and provide 1st line support on occasion when required
- Maintaining the network security including; anti-virus systems (including client devices), operating system security, Active Directory security and ensure the network is appropriately equipped to defend itself against virus attack or unauthorised access
- Ensuring that all company network and physical security policies are followed in relation to the infrastructure
- Assist with the implementation of new infrastructure systems and services
- Follow company ITIL procedures in relation to change, incidents and problems
- Maintain and develop infrastructure documentation
- Support and maintenance of existing systems. Where appropriate proactively recommend design changes and enhancements suitable for the environment and to meet the business needs
- Maintain own technical expertise keeping up to date with technology trends as so to match the developing needs of the company
- Support and develop all Infrastructure backup applications ensuring all required backups successfully complete or to take appropriate action to minimise any risk to the loss of data.
2nd and 3rd Line Support
- Work as part of a team providing 2nd and 3rd line support for incidents and requests on infrastructure hardware, software
- Maintaining a clean and safety conscious area of work, disposing of any obsolete equipment as per company IT policy
Carry out other such duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the grade of this post
Out of hours work will be required from time to time. Travel is occasionally required to the hosting location facilities, country offices and for training.
Hours of work will be 37.5 per week, normally worked within the period 08:00 to 18:00 - start/finish times will be arranged on a rota basis and some flexibility will be required.
This job profile is current as at the date shown below. In consultation with the post-holder it is liable to variation by management to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job. To view the full job description please click here.