Content that aids the clarity of communication and learning, and extends customer engagement. Specifically visual design of digital and physical assets using Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office templates, data visualizations, standardized graphical elements and design elements for use within eLearning. Responding to design briefs from stakeholders.
How this role fits into the business
This role sits within the Global Content Services and Digital Strategy team. This team/department contributes to the overall success of the business by the creation and maintenance of revenue generating content. Specifically Content Services support business initiatives that create and maintain new products and services. Typically these are design and editorial services for the production of psychometric assessments and reports, supporting published products (reference texts, end user workbooks) and production of practitioner and end user education materials. The department also provides support for the related translation processes and supports our research group by publishing research notes and supporting documentation.
The department is undergoing a transformation from print 1st to digital 1st production, working to develop new digital products and services and developing and improving development, production, quality assurance and release processes. Increasingly content is produced in digital delivery formats and needs to be integrated with customer facing platforms.
Design services and production support:
- Provide art and design services for digital and print products, through all stages of the development process. Products include learning and support materials for Practitioners of The Myers-Briggs Company assessment materials, the assessment and report materials and a range of other revenue generating digital and print products such as reference manuals.
- Utilize the company brand guidelines ensuring consistent use across the product range.
- Ensure that design requirements are defined in conjunction with stakeholders. Ensure that design requirements are met and support the objectives of project, the market goals and appropriately address the target audience.
- Provide and maintain branded templates for learning materials. Provision of graphical elements: charts, images, data visualizations, diagrams, and ensure adherence to brand.
- Develop and maintain Microsoft Office templates for use in non-marketing documents and presentations, e.g. Research papers or Consultancy service documentation.
- Management of image rights and policing of usage.
- In conjunction with the localization manager provide design services that support design changes resulting from language localization. In addition to product and learning materials translation design work is needed for the development of new reports and report translations. Working with our unique ‘artefact’ process to provide detailed design measurements to support the programming of reports.
- Provide design services for all other new revenue generating products, from concept to production. Working with our Product and Marketing team to establish consistent use of brand and sub branding across the product range.
- Having recently rebranded as the Myers-Briggs Company there is a need to support the ongoing rebrand of the existing product portfolio and provide assets for use by third parties, such as training and distribution partners.
- Provide production ready artwork files in conjunction with the production teams.
- Participate on cross functional teams, providing design advice and direction. Work will be across multiple time zones; high levels of collaboration are expected as is the ability to work asynchronously.
- Ensure attainment of production quality standards and perform quality reviews and sign-offs of production, layout and design for digital assets and print products at key development and production stages, including final quality control review and sign-off before commercial release.
Transformation and improvement:
- Working with stakeholders and other members of the Content Services team to review processes, input to improvement programs and implement changes to design and related production processes.
- Keep informed of design and production technologies, tools and best practices, digital publishing process and practices and resource sourcing options and costs. Use this information to support the Content Service team in the transformation and optimization of the Content Services function.
- Develop and maintain standards and processes for executing design and production processes through all stages of the design component of product development, including file/asset management and version control processes
- Effectively manage workflow, multiple simultaneous priorities, and emerging business needs.
- Maintain and manage the pipeline of design service requests, highlighting potential challenges and bottlenecks in advance. Providing management with alternatives to achieve planned outcomes.
- Develop, monitor and adjust own project plans. Contributing resource, time and cost estimates as required. Monitor and report on progress, costs, variance to budget and release dates.
- Provide regular communication to the Content Service team on the status of active projects and any risks or issues. Provide updates to project teams as required.
- Work effectively with external suppliers and freelancers when required. Generate comprehensive briefs, statements of work, obtain supplier quotes and negotiate contracts, supervise outsourced work, ensure quality standards and timely delivery.
This job profile is current as at the date shown below. In consultation with the post-holder it is liable to variation by management to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job. To view the full job description please click here.