How this role fits into the business
The job-holder’s main focus will be to assist the Lead Counsel – Europe, working closely with senior managers in the Company, as well as account managers in the Sales team and other departments, with some liaison with US counterparts.
- Contract negotiation (customer and supplier contracts)
- Provide a legal and commercial advisory service, including risk assessment and management, on commercial agreements entered into by the Company
- Review and finalise customer and supplier contracts, re-drafting and negotiating as necessary
- The job-holder will be expected to act on their own initiative the majority of the time in reviewing, re-drafting and negotiating the legal terms, seeking advice on specific legal issues from the Lead Counsel - Europe as necessary, and to work with the Sales team and senior managers across the business
The majority of the contracts relate to:
- sale of products, training and consultancy services (customer contracts)
- purchase of goods or services in normal operation of the business (supplier contracts)
- Contract administration and management – signature process; database records and update
- Company secretarial (in support capacity)
- Data protection assistance (in support capacity)
- Ad hoc queries including employment matters, intellectual property (trademark and copyright only), company policies etc
- Such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the grade of this post.
This job profile is current as at the date shown below. In consultation with the post-holder it is liable to variation by management to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job.
Apply for this jobView the full job description or apply for this role.