The purpose of this role is to directly support the ongoing delivery and development of our training programmes. In particular, the role is expected to run several of our training courses competently and effectively, as well as support the review and design of new courses, products and services, as required.
The role will also provide skills observations on courses where required and provide support to our clients in responding to appropriate technical queries from practitioners once trained. The extent of work on the latter services (desk support for client queries and observations) is expected to decrease as the ability to deliver a portfolio of training courses increases.
With experience, the role has the potential to develop into a Trainer Consultant role, when the person would become a role model in the team and would manage courses and act as the SME project lead on internal product development projects and commence working across the consultancy service line, working with non-practitioners and more diverse bespoke assignments.
How this role fits into the business
The training team sits within our Professional Service function which is home to the client facing delivery teams for the business. This presents an opportunity and expectation that individuals will develop and grow their skill sets across the range of Occupational Psychology skills.
- Deliver a portfolio of training courses, with a target to be able to take on a full delivery quota (including both virtual and in-person training) by the end of six months in role (55%) with average client feedback at 60% or higher
- Deliver training up to a level of 55% chargeable days on courses. Within this target, there may be a small amount of consultancy delivery, relevant to the courses and products trained. (This target may be varied, to consider other priorities e.g. specific training design projects)
- Work closely with colleagues in Training, Operations and Sales to ensure smooth delivery of client courses to meet their expectations
- The course delivery may be at our existing venues around the UK or ‘inhouse’ offerings to a specific company based in the UK or abroad. The ability to be away for multiple overnight stays and travel abroad are therefore key aspects of this role
- Work with the sales team to ensure you are fully briefed on any client specific client needs (reasons for attending/booking) and take steps during the workshop to ensure each delegate is clear and supported on how to apply their learning to their specific need
- Capture any follow up support/sales opportunities with clients at the end of the programme and log these on the CRM system (Salesforce) to allocate a follow up task to the sales team as required
- Identify and escalate to the management any practices which either impede the quality of the client experience, the costs and profitability of the programmes or avoidable environmental impacts.
2. Course Development
- Work with colleagues to ensure existing courses are developed to incorporate new technology, new tests, and take account of trainer and participant feedback, where this is needed
- We provide a flexible service to our clients, so there will be occasions when trainers will be required to deliver the training programmes using different formats (e.g. use of webinars, design of self-directed learning etc) and group sizes to accommodate specific client needs agreed at contracting stage).
3. Practitioner support and internal projects
- When training delivery responsibilities permit, support the training team to respond to practitioner queries post certification and refer as appropriate to colleagues in sales
- Respond accurately, efficiently and professionally to the requests of internal and external customers, where the knowledge of a psychologist is required
- Participate in activities and meetings of the team, and take on special projects to support the development of our business (such as researching potential new areas of business, undertaking competitive comparisons, etc.
4. Practice Management
- Provide product training and familiarisation for our staff either in person or through the virtual onboarding programme
- Provide feedback to our sales staff on our products to provide expert insight
- Contribute to internal projects (e.g. marketing activities, writing articles, R&D projects) as required
- Attend regular training team meetings and participates in creating a positive professional Training team environment, demonstrating our values of BEST in a ‘can do’ attitude to this important work.
This job profile is current as at the date shown below. In consultation with the post-holder it is liable to variation by management to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job. To view the full job description please click here.