Combine current customer, market and competitor insights with both industry and internal expertise to ensure a solution set with a remarkable customer experience as the ultimate goal.
Work closely with cross-functional teams, subsidiaries and global partners to help understand trends and translate these into tangible actionable roadmaps and requirements that drive cross-functional resources towards the on-time delivery of market leading solutions. Be the expert in the portfolio, advocating for benefits and capabilities of each offering to ‘wow’ customers and end users.
How this role fits into the business:
This role sits within the Global Products team. This team contributes to the overall success of the business by managing the product portfolio to achieve strategic business goals.
This role works closely with colleagues based on the west coast of the US and therefore the ability to work flexibly to accommodate some evening meetings is essential.
- Lead the business planning for new offerings within the portfolio, including development of supporting business cases with ROI analyses
- Collaborate with global subsidiaries and distributors to address global needs and solicit market feedback
- Collect, analyse and summarise data in support of portfolio development and lifecycle management
- Retire products as necessary to optimise portfolio performance
- Produce product/market requirements
- Develop and maintain product roadmaps
- Work cross-functionally (with or without Project Management) to ensure on-time and to-budget delivery
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, determine pricing for core offerings (products, programmes and services) based on competition and customer feedback
- Work with Business Analyst and sales leadership to create forecasts for new products, programmes and services
- Drive and manage corrective activities for variances to anticipated product performance, such as modification of messaging and marketing activity; sales approach; supporting services; product design; pricing; or combinations of techniques
- Collaborate with product management peers and marketing to identify opportunities to cross-sell and upsell to complementary offerings
Out of hours work will be required from time to time. Travel is occasionally required to the hosting location facilities, country offices and for training.
Hours of work will be 22.5 per week, normally worked within the period 08:00 to 18:00 - start/finish times will be arranged on a rota basis and some flexibility will be required.
This job profile is current as at the date shown below. In consultation with the post-holder it is liable to variation by management to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job. To view the full job description please click here.